Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 10, 2009

Safe trip

My trip to Indiana went well with beautiful blue skies all of the way and a little heavy fog in the West Virginia mountains which slowed me a bit. It is wonderful to be here and see evidences of spring. The lake is at the highest level we have seen, floating off two sections of one of our piers which need to be retrieved. One swan came out to greet me, so I suspect that mother is sitting on the nest. We will be getting boats and the canoe out this weekend and I will go out to locate her. It is always fun to see the little family swimming by later in the year.

Presently I am here alone, but Karin, Keith and Calli will soon be arriving and Gavin will return later in the day from a ski trip in Colorado. Sue and Jeff along with Justin and Laura will be coming for the weekend also. We will miss Lisa, James, Liz and family, Jeremy who is still studying in Jerusalem and Julianna. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with them later this spring.

In preparation for Easter I have been reading a book by Erwin Lutzer, Cries from the Cross. What an ordeal of trials Jesus endured before Annas and Caiaphas, nights in a dungeon, more trials, and flogging then forced to carry his own cross. Then the hours nailed to that cross struggling to take a breath, experiencing unbelievable pain. As I read the chapters visualizing his suffering, his anguish and yet his compassion toward everyone around him, I am amazed. The love that He expressed is beyond my imagination as his focus was upon the outcome, the victory that would be accomplished. Not his discomfort!

As I listened to CDs of messages and song on the trip, my mind kept going back to how focused upon the result Jesus was in spite of the jeers and pain that He experienced. I was reminded of the importance for me also. It sure is easy to get all wrapped up with the challenges of the moment and forget my real focus.

I trust that this will be an especially meaningful Friday for each of us and that you will have a blessed Easter as we celebrate the risen Jesus.

Love to you all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Fri Apr 10, 07:25:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Andean Echoes said...

We're back in Bolivia again with regular internet so again I am enjoying reading your blog. Where in Indiana is your place? Arden is from N. Manchester and I went to high school in Warsaw and then college in Ft. Wayne.

May God give you a great weekend with your family celebrating our Risen Saviour.

We have two of our grandsons (8 and 5)staying overnight and just enjoyed the Children's version of the Jesus video. What a great reminder for this weekend!

Helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home