Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 23, 2009

Keep me focused!

What a change a day can make. Weather can make a quick change and our emotions seem to follow a similar pattern. There are times when I believe that the weather can exert some control over our emotions if we are not watchful. But I can’t complain about the sunny weather this weekend. As I watch the robins coming by on their way north, spring can’t be far off.

Saturday was a busy day catching up on laundry and housework. Then I went outside to do some trimming and spring yard preparation. It hit me…every spring Carol and I did this together, preparing the plantings that we had selected and planted years ago when the house was built. Now I am on my own with no one to share the activity or to even care if it looks okay or not. Momentarily I fell apart until I was reminded, I suspect by the Holy Spirit, that I was on the wrong side in my thinking. Soon I was back on track and thanked the Lord for the many wonderful spring activities that we enjoyed together in past years. Then picking up the tools I got to work.

Sunday we studied the Apostle Paul’s prayers in Thessalonians. Teacher Tom asked us to select three specific items of prayer from the fifteen that were taken from the text, that we would like prayed for ourselves. As I read the list, I would like to have all fifteen prayed for me, but I did narrow it down to three that seemed to lead the list for me at the time. I made the following selections, but tomorrow I suspect the requests may change: (1) “May the Lord strengthen you and guard you against the evil one.” (2) “May the Lord Jesus be glorified in you, according to His grace.” (3) May your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus.”

In the afternoon I had a visit from my cousin and his family from Michigan. What a joy it always is to have family and friends going out of their way to stop in, call or write.

Lord keep me aware of all the many blessings that you provide, and focused on being available for you to work in and through me for YOUR glory!

I trust that you will have a wonderful week.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home