Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What is Jesus doing?

After our fun-filled days, Lisa and I have safely returned to our homes. Thanks so much for praying! There were those emotional moments for me but the blessing of family and friends is always a tremendous encouragement.

We attended The Global Village Church with Paul and Ruth where we saw several old friends and were thrilled to see how rapidly the church is growing. They truly are committed to their Mission Statement; “A church committed to growth through evangelism and discipleship” and God is blessing their efforts.

With all of the wonderful meals, I feel that I have gained several pounds. We had a special meal with Bob and Marcia at their beautiful home on the ocean. Bob continues to feel well as he diligently battles lung cancer and seeks God’s guidance day by day. We also spent an evening with the Johnsons getting updated on their lives and their delightful grandson with Down Syndrome. He is such a joy in each of their lives.

As I winged my way back to Charlotte, gazing at the fluffy clouds thousands of feet below, I was reflecting on all of the wonderful experiences, sharing lives during our visit. The thought “What is Jesus Doing” came into my mind as I recalled those experiences. A few days earlier I had read an article in Indeed titled WIJD which was a variation of the WWJD (What would Jesus do) phenomenon and it has prompted me to frequently ask that question of myself at the end of the day. Often I make a brief journal entry on that topic before rolling into bed so that I can return to that page at a later date to be reminded of His goodness, grace and mercy.

I had a call from Judy last evening. She lost her husband Joe to cancer just three weeks ago and is diligently working on making that huge adjustment in her life without Joe. It is a difficult time for her, but it is also evident that God is at work in her life giving strength and courage to carry on and serve Him. He is working!

A final thought from that Indeed article: “He indwells us to take us where we should go and lead us away from where we’ve been…We live by means of a living Lord.”

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home