Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Train me to live by your counsel

Early tomorrow I am heading for our lake house to spend a few days and then on Saturday I plan to drive up to Mackinaw (Michigan) with Karin, Keith and the children. We will be joined by Sue and Jeff and plan to walk the Mackinaw Bridge on Labor Day with a multitude of others. This is a tradition for many Michiganders and Carol and I have done it several times previously. It is a beautiful walk high above the water and amounts to a reasonable amount of exercise, especially for we older ones.

It will be especially nice to be with some of the family this weekend which would have been our 50th anniversary. The past few days my mind has drifted back frequently to that special day and the nearly 49 years that Carol and I enjoyed together. What a blessing to have had the opportunity to spend those years together!

I have been enjoying The Message version of Psalm 119…Great examples for me to follow. Here are just a few words from the Psalmist that especially spoke to me:

“Remember what you said to me, your servant—
I hang on to these words for dear life!
These words hold me up in bad times
Yes, your promises rejuvenate me.”

“I get up in the middle of the night to thank you;
Your decisions are so right, so true – I can’t wait till morning!”

“Your love, GOD, fills the earth!
Train me to live by your counsel.”


That is my prayer…to be trained to live by His counsel.

Have a wonderful week and long weekend.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home