Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Year!


As I pulled into the garage at the lake house I noticed lovely Christmas wreathes around the coach lights, then what a surprise to walk into the house and find it all decorated for Christmas! Not having spent much time decorating at home, I was thrilled to be surrounded by decorations all around and even up the winding staircase. It will certainly add to the festivities when the family starts rolling in later today.

My trip went well with one fairly minor mishap, which could have been much worse! At about 6:30 AM as I crossed the NC/VA border, I caught a glimpse of a beautiful rack and nose of what must have been a large buck, running toward me from out of the darkness. I made a quick swerve to avoid hitting him but he was too fast for me and slammed into the side of my car, poking an antler through the back side of my wrap-around headlight, creasing the top of my fender and hood with his antlers, wiping out the side mirror and denting the rear fender. It was quite an impact, but I was thankful to have been able to keep the vehicle on the road without a major mishap. Hitting an animal that large head on could be a disaster! I'm not sure how large he actually was, but at least an eight point buck. I was thankful that it did not effect the handling of the vehicle, just a bit inconvenient with one headlight re-aimed down at the road and no mirror on the side. Fortunately I can get back to Charlotte to have the repairs done.

As I continue reading through Revelation, I am amazed at how stubborn me humans can be even when given life-saving opportunities from our most gracious God. Revelation 9:20 says; "But the people who did not die in these plagues still refused to repent of their evil deeds and turn to God." And that was after experiencing the many plagues as multitudes died before their very eyes! How thankful I am for Jesus miraculous birth into this world to provide love, joy, peace and everlasting life to all who believe upon Him. (John 3:16)

May you and yours enjoy a Blessed New Year!

Love to all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home