Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Help my unbelief

These have been some rather busy days. Neighbor Phil passed on late last week in Raleigh and the family asked me to spend some time with them. Up until the hour that I left, I had contractors working in his house repairing water damage created from his refrigerator. The kitchen and family room floor coverings still have to be installed, but things are taking shape. I spent Thursday through Sunday with the family and have been catching up here at the office since. Getting things done has been complicated by major computer problems that have persisted at my office for several weeks. We were so thankful for the wonderful staff at Hospice that assisted Phil during his last days on earth. I visited with him a bit after he arrived at the Hospice facility, but by the next day he could not communicate with me. Four days later he passed through the curtain of death. Do continue to pray for the family as they adjust to their loss. There were many answers to prayer during those last weeks...thanks for praying!

While praying for Phil during a time of great pain in his body, one of the family members prayed that "if possible, God would remove the pain." The next morning in my Bible reading I was reading about a father bringing his son to the disciples and then to Jesus for healing. (Mark 9:14-29) The father prayed a similar prayer; "...If you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." "If you can? said Jesus. Everything is possible for him who believes." I like the fathers response to Jesus; "Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" It reminded me of my lack of faith so many times as I pray for what seem to be impossible situations, causing me to also pray as the father...help me to overcome my unbelief!

This coming weekend I will be in Chicago joining many members of my family as we spend time with grandson Jeremy and his wife Julianna. We had planned to meet at our lake house but with Jeremy's job as pastor, he was not going to be able to be with us. So we decided to meet together with him in Chicago.

Pray for safety as everyone will be covering many miles on the roads.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home