Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Joy of Christmas

I have been blessed by numerous Christmas programs this year that I am certain spoke to many hearts as they have mine. Today we focused on Jesus birth in both my class and the church service. We were reminded that Jesus was born in the place of God’s choice and the time of God’s choice but that the manger leads to the cross. Jesus said; “And I, the Son of Man, have come to seek and save those like him (Zacchaeus) who are lost.” (Luke 19:10) As I think about that as His primary purpose for coming, I am humbled at how easy it is to be out of step with His purpose and let such things as health, happiness, relationships, work and all sorts of issues come before the lost as I go through my day of activities. Not that those are wrong in themselves, but I find that it is far too easy to neglect making the main thing, the main thing in my daily routine. That is a good challenge for me to focus upon.

I will be here for Christmas but plan to head for the lake house in Indiana for New Years with other members of the family that can make it. As the family gets larger, it is more difficult for everyone to get free, but we have done quite a good job of getting together this year at various locations.

Hebrews 11 speaks about several men and women of great faith in the Scriptures introducing each one with “by faith.” After reading those accounts it naturally follows; “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crown of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.” (Hebrews 12:1-2a) What a joy to be celebrating the birth of that Jesus!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home