Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, December 26, 2011

Don't be complacent

I trust that you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I was able to enjoy several Christmas programs and a lovely dinner with a couple and their family Christmas evening. Today friend Keith arrived with one of his co-workers and we completed removing track for the model railroad that he had built at his father's home by me. It is always sad to see old friends pulling up stakes (his father is the one who passed on last October) but it is exciting to see whom the Lord will put in his place.

As we wrap up the old year, I am also wrapping up reading through the Bible and have been thinking about the seven churches in Revelation 1-3. As I thought about the positive and negative aspects of each church, I tried to equate my life with each and found that there are times when I could fit into several of those negative slots...especially on certain days. I recognized how easy it is to fall into the position of the church at Ephesus as I read the complaint from the Lord: "You don't love me and each other as you did at first." I also found the words to the church at Laodicea to be a challenge to me: "You are neither hot nor cold." I know that there are days, maybe more than I realize, when I fall into the same categories. OUCH! I believe those are a couple of good areas for me to be working on in the new year...not allowing myself to become complacent!

I plan to leave for Indiana on Wednesday to spend the long New Years weekend with any family members that can make it. At last report I am anticipating that around 10 of us will be there. It does get more difficult as family members relocate at further distances. Pray for safe travels and blessed time as we catch up with each others lives.

A blessed New Year to each of you!

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home