Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pray for Phil

Since returning home, I have been quite occupied getting caught up at the house and at the office while trying to be of help to my neighbor Phil who is the father of friend Keith. While I was away, he failed to answer telephone calls from the family that lives about 3-hours away, and after a couple of days they had the police check on him. He was found to be ill and very weak but did not want to go to the doctor or hospital. After I returned, he agreed to let me take him for a check-up on Thursday. We found that his condition was quite serious. The family wanted him close to them so that they could better monitor his condition. So with the doctors’ approval, On Friday I drove him on what turned out to be a 4-hour trip due to heavy traffic, and we admitted him into a well respected hospital located near to the family. His condition continues to be quite uncertain and he is still in the ICU. Pray for wisdom for the medical team, for comfort and peace for Phil, and for the family that have to make many quick decisions that are way out of their comfort area.

This has certainly underscored to me the uncertainty of life at any age. As I have been reading the book of Micah this week a couple of verses stuck to my mind and continue to challenge me: “Oh people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8) It is a good reminder to me of the greater importance of my reflecting His character day by day over any activity that I may be involved in. As Micah talks about how miserable he feels, I like the confidence he expresses when he says; “As for me, I look to the LORD for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.” (Micah 7:7) Hour by hour we confidently wait, trusting God for His peace, guidance and mercy.

Thanks so much for your prayers. Do remember Phil and his family.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home