Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, August 29, 2011

Travel plans

I have been thrilled with the reports that I have been getting from grandson Gavin who started his college classes last Thursday. He reports that tennis practice is going well and that he is really enjoying his classes. Not that I anticipated otherwise, but it was good to get those confirmations.

Lisa planned to spend this past weekend with me here, but storm Irene caused cancellation of her reservation, so she will schedule a trip later. I had several things planned while she was here, one of which was a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains to attend a special Mountain Music Program by performers that Carol and I have enjoyed over the years. Lisa wasn’t here to join us but the other friends were still ready to go, so we had a wonderful day in the beautiful Smokey Mountains.

Later this week I fly out to Seattle to join daughter Sue for a cruise to Alaska. We will stop in various ports during eight days of the trip, so we are looking forward to exploring that part of our country this year. I suspect that we will encounter a bit more rain, but being prepared for it should not create any major problem for us. There are quite a few logistics involved getting us together at the proper place and time for boarding, so we will appreciate your prayers for that and for safety and good health during our travels. I’ll try to get some updates out from time to time as I am able to connect with civilization from the ship.

I appreciate each of you and trust that you have having a blessed week.

Love to all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home