Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 13, 2012

Caught in the act



Returning home I found a thief busily doing his best to empty the "squirrel proof" bird feeder of every single sunflower seed. I had been thinking that the birds were eating a lot of those seeds lately. I suspect that if I am unable to discourage him, I may have to relocate him to a distant park.

I have had no problem keeping busy since returning home. I have my car in for repair from the encounter with the deer but was a bit shocked at the over $5,000 bill and two weeks to complete the work. Presently we have 30 potential candidates that are learning about us and we them, to determine if this is a proper fit for their service around the world. It is exciting to see the age span going from fairly recent grads to white-haired couples. It is also interesting to see the percentage of medical/doctors in this group. The group will be heading for their respective homes on Sunday.

I am feeling dramatically better after the chest congestion but recognizing that I am far more tired yet. I am sure that too shall pass, but it reminds me that I am not getting any younger. As I recognize that, I am encouraged by 2 Corinthians 4:16-18:

"...we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever." That is a reminder that I need to focus upon every day!

I trust that you have had a blessed week and look forward to a restful weekend.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home