Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A quick update


Being on my 4th antibiotic, I am now starting to feel a bit more like myself.  Someone has said; “when you can’t breath, nothing else matters” and I can certainly agree with that.  I am thankful to be using much less albuterol now to keep breathing, and I have been able to reduce the usage of the COPD drugs that have been prescribed.  I am thankful for those wonderful drugs but am pleased to be experiencing less side-effects from them now.  Fortunately I have been able to keep on top of things at the office, but not much else.

I have been reading the book of Galatians recently and appreciate the reminder that the Apostle Paul was passing on to them; it is not by law that righteousness is obtained, but rather through grace!  I especially appreciated Paul’s confrontation with Peter when “…Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore.  He was afraid of criticism…”  (Galatians 3:12)  Isn’t it amazing how easy it is for criticism to sway us in the wrong direction if we are not careful…Even Peter was vulnerable!  Those chapters have made me much more aware of watching my responses to people and events.  I find myself more frequently evaluating my responses to determine if I am being swayed by opinions or allowing the Holy Spirit to direct me and my responses.

As a follow up from my last blog about friends Lois and Bob, I just talked with them on the phone but have not seen them for fear of passing on some of this nasty bug.  Bob is home from the hospital and had no permanent neurological damage which is a wonderful answer to prayer!  Lois had a rather challenging time with here first chemo infusion and is scheduled for five more along with radiation.  God has been working in some marvelous ways in their lives but they continue to need prayer.

I always appreciate your prayers to our wonderful Lord on my behalf and for many others.  You are the best!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home