Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanks for praying


Thanks for praying!  Our trip to Florida went well and I am taking a closer look at possibly making a transition there.  The biggest drawback is being further from the family, but they assure me that they will be visiting if I am not up to travel in their direction.  If this transpires, it will be a while down the road but I am working with builders and a draftsman attempting to reconfigure one of the properties so that it will work for me and pass codes and restrictions.  Your continued prayers will be appreciated.  Likely the most difficult part will be leaving the fond reminders of my final years with Carol here, but the memories I will cherish and take with me!

Recently I was reading a prayer of David and was challenged by the way he prayed.  It is evident that he was “a man after God’s own heart.”

1 Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help.

2 Protect me, for I am devoted to you.  Save me, for I serve you and trust you.  You are my God.

3 Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly.

4 Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you.

5 Oh Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.

6 Listen closely to my prayer, O LORD; hear my urgent cry.

7 I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble, and you will answer me. (Psalm 86:1-7 NLT)

Far too often I’m sure that I tend to pray like the non italicized portion of the prayer without expressing and exercising my trust, devotion and commitment to the Lord as David does in the portion that is in italics.  It is certainly easy to be self-focused and self-centered in prayer…A good reminder for me!

Have a blessed week!

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Tue Oct 23, 02:43:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love what you are doing with the blog man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home