Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 16, 2013


For far too many weeks, I have been fighting a bronchial congestion.  During the past week, after previously having three sets of antibiotics and two steroid shots, my breathing seemed to hit a new low.  It is amazing how those most difficult times are either at night or over the weekend when the doctor is unavailable.  Fortunately I experienced one of those times in the doctor’s office Thursday which helped to make some progress after confirming the absence of pneumonia and cancer.  I am certainly breathing better now (more than one way) but I don’t believe that I have ever felt so tired and weak.  Thanks to you and our Great Physician, I believe that I will win this one!
One of the items in my stocking Christmas morning at Justin and Laura’s was a lovely memo book.  It is set up to write from either end so I have set it up for BLESSINGS from one end and VERSES that especially speak to me each day from the other end.  Already after a couple of weeks it is exciting to go back and review what I wrote.

Two thoughts that I recorded were; “…when trouble comes your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.”  (James 1:2) and “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.”  (James 1:12)  I can’t say that I was always that patient, but I recorded numerous unexpected blessings that came my way.  It truly has been an opportunity to see God answer prayers through people and circumstances!

An urgent prayer request:  Friend Lois had her first chemo infusion yesterday using the port installed last week and I am sure is exhausted.  Later in the day, her husband Bob, suffered a stroke and is in intensive care.  Please pray for this dear couple and their family!

2013 is off to a bumpy start for me, but I feel confident that things will smooth out now and I can get back to “normal”.  I trust that each of you is keeping healthy and experiencing the Lord’s blessings in this New Year!

Love to you all,



Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home