Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blessings


For far too many weeks, I have been fighting a bronchial congestion.  During the past week, after previously having three sets of antibiotics and two steroid shots, my breathing seemed to hit a new low.  It is amazing how those most difficult times are either at night or over the weekend when the doctor is unavailable.  Fortunately I experienced one of those times in the doctor’s office Thursday which helped to make some progress after confirming the absence of pneumonia and cancer.  I am certainly breathing better now (more than one way) but I don’t believe that I have ever felt so tired and weak.  Thanks to you and our Great Physician, I believe that I will win this one!
 
One of the items in my stocking Christmas morning at Justin and Laura’s was a lovely memo book.  It is set up to write from either end so I have set it up for BLESSINGS from one end and VERSES that especially speak to me each day from the other end.  Already after a couple of weeks it is exciting to go back and review what I wrote.

Two thoughts that I recorded were; “…when trouble comes your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.”  (James 1:2) and “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.”  (James 1:12)  I can’t say that I was always that patient, but I recorded numerous unexpected blessings that came my way.  It truly has been an opportunity to see God answer prayers through people and circumstances!

An urgent prayer request:  Friend Lois had her first chemo infusion yesterday using the port installed last week and I am sure is exhausted.  Later in the day, her husband Bob, suffered a stroke and is in intensive care.  Please pray for this dear couple and their family!

2013 is off to a bumpy start for me, but I feel confident that things will smooth out now and I can get back to “normal”.  I trust that each of you is keeping healthy and experiencing the Lord’s blessings in this New Year!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home