Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Reason?


What a blessing you friends are!  Your telephone calls, emails and text messages are always a great encouragement both when I am on the road and at home.  As the nineteen of us gathered in Chicago to celebrate an early Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was frequently reminded about how much Carol would love to have been with us, and at the same time recognizing how much she influenced each one of our lives.  We certainly do miss her but are thrilled to know that we will all be together again, likely sooner that we think, to enjoy eternal life with our Lord and Savior together.

 Driving back from Chicago was fun with little Ella chanting from her car seat from time to time “go go Boppi!”   I was sure amazed how well she did during those long 12 hours on the road.  As the family gets scattered further and further it becomes more difficult to get everyone together, but so far we manage to do it at least once each year with smaller gatherings during the year.  It is a tremendous blessing for me to have the health and strength to continue to travel to be with the family frequently.

Today I learned that one of our good friends, Lois, has been diagnosed with cancer and will be going in Monday to determine what stage it is in.  Times like this are always difficult so do join me in praying for her and her husband Bob and for clear guidance for the medical people about her treatment. 

As we face these challenges I was thinking about Jesus words as the crowd was ready to crucify Him; “Now my soul is deeply troubled.  Should I pray,Father, save me from this hour’?  But this is the very reason I came!  Father, bring glory to your name.”  (John 12:27-28)  I wonder how many times I face a major challenge that really is part of His plan to bring glory to His name and I miss the opportunity due to my self-centeredness?  Due join me in praying for a sensitivity of how those challenges in my life can be redirected for His glory!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home