Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Give Thanks


As we approach Thanksgiving Day, I am reminded of some of the Apostle Paul’s instructions to the Romans; “So be careful how you live.  Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise.  Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.  Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do….And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”  (Ephesians 5:15-17; 20)  I need those reminders in my life…Being careful how I live and giving thanks for everything to God! 

Today I received a huge item to thank the Lord for.  I had a call from my friend Bob this morning following his wife’s biopsy and lengthy battery of tests.  The diagnosis is cancer but it is only stage one and they have surgery already scheduled for the 28th.  We will continue to pray for a successful surgery and rapid healing without any infection.  Thanks to all of you who were praying with us and to the Lord for this wonderful report!

Tomorrow I am heading over to Raleigh/Durham to be with friend Keith and join the family in Wake Forest for their family Thanksgiving.  It will be a special time to be with them and to be counted as part of their family.  

I trust that each of you will enjoy a special time of Thanksgiving with family and friends as you reflect upon the abundant blessings from our God!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home