Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, October 15, 2012

God's Help

These have been some rather busy weekends. Two weekends ago I was in Raleigh/Durham, a week ago in Indiana and presently I am in Florida. My good friend Brian came on this trip to keep me company and we have had lots of fun sharing many experiences. This evening we took one of our co-workers out to dinner, and we were hosted by friends the previous evening. We are visiting our SIM retirement facility and catching up with many folks that we previously have worked with. Each time I visit, I am newly impressed with the facility and the people here. Possibly one of these days I can see myself making a transition down here. That is currently a matter for prayer!


As I was thinking about the future recently, I read something in Max Lucado’s book Fearless that encouraged me; “You will never face the future without God’s help. You have a travel companion.”

“When you place your faith in Christ, Christ places his Spirit before, behind, and within you. Not a strange spirit, but the same Spirit: the parakletos. As Jesus sends you into new seasons, he sends his counselor to go with you.”

“God never sends you out alone. Are you on the eve of change? Is the foliage of your world showing signs of a new season? Heaven’s message for you is clear: when everything else changes, God’s presence never does. You journey in the company of the Holy Spirit.”

I found those brief paragraphs to be a great encouragement to me. I trust that you will also find them helpful in your “season” of life.



Love to you all,



Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home