Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Six Years Ago

Six years ago we were at Carol’s bedside as her breathing became more labored and we were aware that she would soon pass through that curtain of death.  The memories continue to be fresh in our minds, especially at this time of year as we are aware of our own lives fleeting by to our final breath here on earth.  Remembering those days, daughter Lisa sent me the following email: 

“Six years ago we sat by mom's bed as thunder rolled outside and the elements seemed poised for an earth-shaking event.  Somebody wondered if it would be her Independence Day.  Today hurricane Arthur hovers over DC and I am reminded of how that day felt.  Having each of you present was a significant part of that experience for me and I know we're in this day together, again, even though we are miles apart.  I love you and am thinking of you.  My wish for this day is that we live into the freedom and joy that was mom's truest desire for each one of us.  I am so grateful to be in this together”.

I am enjoying the weekend at the lake in Indiana with Keith, Karin, Gavin & Calli.  Today the flotilla of decorated boats passed by the lake house and tonight we will watch the fireworks over the lake with Justin, Laura, Ella and Sophia arriving late.  It was a long drive for me but special to spend time with family members, catching up on their lives.  

I suspect that many of you will be spending time with family members also, and praying that you will enjoy safe travel and a blessed time together.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home