Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Meaningless?

A few days ago I started reading Ecclesiastes and have been challenged by the messages that the Holy Spirit directed to be assembled.  It appears that many of the thoughts run parallel with Solomon’s in Proverbs, but I am aware that there is some debate about who really penned the book.  My feeling is; who cares!  I know that God generated it, and I am not that concerned about who actually drafted it.

I needed the reminder that everything can be meaningless.  How often I find as I reflect upon my day that it seems to have been meaningless.  I didn’t accomplish what I planned or things come up that have to be handled that were major challenges and possibly detracted me from what I had scheduled.  Later I look back and see them part of an over-all plan that I was not even aware of at the time.  As we are reminded, our plans may turn into a day of only “chasing the wind”.  (1:17) Reading on we are reminded; “For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him?”  (2:25)  Then we are clearly told; “God gives wisdom, knowledge and joy to those who please him”.  (2:26)  As I read the chapters, I am reminded that I not only need to be more intentional in what I say and do, but I also need to be praising the God that through his Holy Spirit within me is working out HIS plan for HIS glory as I yield every aspect of my life to him!  Now, if I can just remember that in every situation!

Yesterday I attended a delightful memorial service for a dear lady that was over 100 years old.  At her birthday celebration some time back, even though her body was pretty well “spent,” her mind was sharp and she was looking forward to her future with an infectious joy.  What a blessing it is to know so many dear ones that faithfully travel life’s journey, finishing well!  That is a continual prayer for myself.

Seeing that my family will not be together for Thanksgiving, I plan to drive to North Carolina to spend the holiday with a dear family whom I have not been able to see for some time.  I am looking forward to the delightful food that they always prepare and a special time of catching up with each other.  I trust that ‘you all’ (I have adapted to the south) will have a blessed Thanksgiving also.  Let’s not forget to be praying for each other as we are together with family and friends…and for journey mercies for those travelling.

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home