Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Rain Continues

The street is full of muddy water and my house is completely surrounded from daily rains that are expected to continue for a few more days.  The only way I can get in and out without getting my feet wet is to use my golf cart or the car.  I attempted walking through the water to the mailbox yesterday and ended up with black mud caked to the soles of my flip-flops and between my toes.  The mud is from a load of topsoil that I had delivered for the front yard.  My timing sure was off that time!  This is one of the “benefits” of living in a lower area a few steps from the lake, but thankfully no water is coming inside.  I have been assured that not a single house has flooded since the 1967 dedication of the property.  I trust that we do not break that record this year!

Yesterday while the rain was pelting down, two Sand Hill Cranes were looking rather forlorn as they peered into my house dripping wet and the alligator appeared a bit confused when he was on the grass but still covered with water.  This afternoon I had a variety of 21 birds fishing in the water at the side of my house.  This has been interesting to watch but a bit of a nuisance for all of us. 

Between two of the downpours I saw a beautiful rainbow that appeared to end close to the other side of the lake and I was reminded of God’s Word.  “When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures.  Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life.”  (Genesis 9:14-15)  It is great to be reminded that God is in ultimate control!

Have a blessed new week!


Chuck

1 Comments:

At Wed Oct 01, 11:28:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Connie G said...

Oh my goodness! Glad you are OK!
Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home