Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 09, 2014

The Lord Directs

I had a most interesting day yesterday visiting Solomon’s Castle.  A 12,000 sq. ft. building sided with recycled printer plates, housing the builder’s residence and thousands of interesting and unique items that he constructed over the past 42 years recycling tons of items/junk.  Following our tour of his multi-room castle and living quarters we enjoyed lunch at the Boat in the Moat which he also constructed.  A highlight of our lunch was having the opportunity to talk with the builder, Solomon, who turns 80 this year and also his wife.  His active mind is constantly designing more items and his hands are continually busy constructing the amazing and often humorous items.  It was a delight to enjoy a clear sunny day after our many days/weeks of rain.

With our clearing weather, the removal of many shovels of drying mud from my driveway, and with the help of a friend, my grass seed is now spread over the topsoil which hopefully will root and hold the soil in place before any future downpours.  I was reminded of my grandfather, a farmer, who was always careful to seek the Lord’s guidance in every aspect of his work and grateful for whatever he was able to harvest after a busy year of hard labor.  He humbly thanked the Lord for the harvest which always met his needs regardless of size, and I never heard him complain about a light harvest or the hard work.   
 This morning as I was reading Proverbs, I was reminded of my grandfather and challenged by the words; “The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?”  (Proverbs 20:24)  That reminded me of an earlier Proverb; “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”  (Proverbs 3:5-6)  I was reminded that I have a wonderful promise but at the same time a crucial responsibility if I wish to enjoy it.

Have a blessed week,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home