Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Everything from Him

I trust that each of you enjoyed a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends.  I had a delightful time with friends in North Carolina but I did indulge in too much good food.  Being an Italian family, they do not let you go hungry…and I just could not avoid sampling every item in every course.  Okay, I admit that I more that sampled some items.  My challenge now is to drop those extra pounds that accumulated.  By extending my planned stay a day at each end, I avoided much frustration with heavy traffic and accidents along the way that extend travel time.

I continue to enjoy working my way through the book of Ecclesiastes.  Thinking back over the chapters, I recall numerous pursuits that are noted as worthless or chasing the wind:  Pursuing wisdom, our work, possessions, status, companionship, fame, money, a long life, food, and just plain desires.  Quickly reading those chapters could be quite depressing if we miss the main point.  The author reminds us that; “…these pleasures are from the hand of God.  For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him?  God gives wisdom, knowledge and joy to those who please him.”  (3:24-26)  I found myself thinking back over my life and recognizing times when I tried it alone and the results turned out to be less than perfect, while on the other hand when following his lead produced success, often way beyond my fondest expectations.  I need to keep that front and center in my future pursuits!  Both by allowing him to lead and also giving him thanks for what he produces in and through me!

Have a blessed day and week!


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home