Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 22, 2015

Blessed!

It is interesting how frequently I find that the Scripture I am studying speaks directly to my current situation.  That was true this past week as I started the book of Job.  A very human man, but at the same time living an exemplary life of service.  When encountering unexplained misery while losing his fortune, family, fame and health, he continues to worship God while trying to determine the reason.  Job is confronted by his three friends trying their best to determine the root of his problem using human logic as they understood it.  Meanwhile Job remarkably holds fast to his integrity trusting God saying; “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.”  (23:10)

On Tuesday I visited my dear friend Stuart, hospitalized, in great pain, physically beaten down with chemo and fighting a major infection seemingly resulting from surgery a few days ago.  As I sat there talking with him and his family members, I realized that before me in that hospital bed lay a “Job-like” man, searching for answers while at the same time praising God for His goodness in his life.  Every nurse, doctor and even the housekeeper were visibly impacted by his presence!  How easy it is for us as humans to want to ask why.  Could it often be just an opportunity prepared by God for us to glorify Him?  Job certainly accomplished that in those around him along with multitudes over the centuries that read about his experiences.  What a challenge to me!  Am I taking advantage of every opportunity open to me to glorify God?  It is so easy to be looking for that specific opportunity and failing to use the situation at hand, that may not be of my choosing and possibly extremely painful as in Job’s case, but likely the most powerful opportunity to be a positive testimony for the one who loves us so much that he gave his life that we can be assured of eternal life free from the pain and suffering we experience and see all around us here.  As I read on, Job finally was humbled, but not yet repentant (40:3-5) so God continued his questioning.  Finally Job recognizes his pride and rebellion, repenting and finding contentment in God’s fellowship. (42:1-6) While Job was struggling for answers, God never lost confidence in him.  Four times He refers to Job as “my servant.” (42:7-8) What a testimony of God’s love and patience with His people!

Join me in praying for Stuart and also my good friend Jerry.  Both Job-like friends are experiencing all of the nasty effects of battling cancer while at the same time impacting unknown numbers of medical people, friends and family members for the Glory of God.  Might I do as well in using each opportunity, no matter how painful or difficult, to glorify God!

I was blessed with a wonderful trip and special time with friend Keith who joined me on my trip to visit Stuart.  Knowing the problem that I was having with breathing meds and nasty pain resulting from a bout with the shingles, he didn’t want me to drive the 2 ½ hours alone.  Friends like each of you are a tremendous blessing!

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home