Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Great Shepherd

Not sleeping too well these past days due to the discomfort from shingles, I have had plenty of time to read during the night and early hours of the morning.  Reading through the Psalms, I have enjoyed the Psalmist’s expressing numerous human emotions.  As things were going well, they expressed praise to God but there were also many examples of fearful experiences dealing with their enemies.  But ultimately in each situation, they displayed a grateful confidence in God’s power and goodness.  I always enjoy reading the 23rd Psalm and be reminded of the Lord being our shepherd. 

Having spent many summers on the farm with my grandparents, I had first-hand experience with sheep.  Sheep were not the smartest animals on his farm.  They could be quite affectionate but not what I considered very brilliant.  They really needed guidance…a shepherd!  A good comparison to we humans!  As a shepherd, our Lord guides his people, providing all that we need while helping us to enjoy a special peace and tranquility as we follow Him.  As we follow Him, we are assured of His protection even when walking through dark valleys.  Also, our Lord is our constant companion just like the shepherd which stays close to his flock.  That is an area that I personally need to be more mindful of.  It is far too easy for me to feel alone in some situations, trying to understand or resolve the situation myself while ignoring the Companion that is standing close by ready to guide and protect me.

As I move through these so-called golden years, when the body develops more frailties and the mind tends to become slower, it is a great encouragement to know that we are not alone but under the love and care of the Great Shepherd who has reminded us that this is not our final home! 

I trust that each of you is staying healthy, having an enjoyable weekend, and experiencing His love and care!

Love to you all,

Chuck  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home