Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Slowing Down

I think I've mentioned this before. One of the great benefits of this journey through cancer has been learning to slow down, to be still, to recognize life's priorities. (I love work, but it can fill up life.) Giving and receiving love turns out to be the priority after all. Here's what Richard Swenson says in A Minute of Margin:

"Love is the only medicine I know of that, when used according to directions, heals completely yet takes one's life away. It is dangerous, it is uncontrollable, and it can never be taken on any terms but its own. Yet as a healer of the emotions, it has no equal. Love is the currency of the relational life. In the relational life, we spend love and receive love. That was God's idea from the beginning. It is what He taught us, and it was what He showed us....Must we love? That is a nonsensical question. It is like asking, 'Must we breathe?' No, we do not have to breathe, and no, we do not have to love. But the consequences of both those decisions will be the same....Don't use overload as an excuse, and don't spend your last moments on earth apologizing for your life. Set love in order, begining today." Food for thought, change and action.

Karin came yesterday to be with me for chemo tomorrow and the rest of the week. Plane delays meant an arrival after 6:30 instead of 2:15 pm, but she's safe and well and we're thankful.

This will mark the halfway point of the scheduled chemo-therapy. As always, please pray that God will direct the medicines to search and destroy every cancer cell. I love feeling so well, and I'm grateful for your prayers for that also. Say it with me: "God is good!"

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home