Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 10, 2006

What if God Doesn't Answer?

I heard such a good story about a SIM missionary in Nigeria yesterday. May I share it with you?

Steve urgently needed to get back to the U.S. from Nigeria. A travel agent in the States booked a flight and emailed him that he could pick up his ticket at the airport for his 8:00 pm flight on Saturday. He arrived at the airport by 5:00 pm, only to find that the airline could not print the ticket at the airport and would not allow him on the plane without it. The office in town had closed 2 hours earlier. He pleaded with the manager, prayed and waited, but the flight left without him. The next flight was Tuesday, and Steve was on it, ticket in hand. He wondered at the purpose for the delay. His connecting flight was in Frankfurt, Germany, where he was seated next to an army reservist returning to the U.S. from service in Iraq. Steve's son is in the military, so they quickly struck up a conversation. Sensing that the young man's needs were deeper than simply needing a break from the war, Steve asked him if he was ready to face eternity. They discussed what the Bible says about salvation in Jesus Christ, and before the flight landed, the young man prayed for God to forgive him, receiving Jesus as his Savior. He told Steve, "For the first time in my life, I feel as if I am free." Turns out that the young man had also missed his planned flight earlier. "God's delays are not God's denials."

So we keep praying.

Thanks for praying for me. I continue to feel well, some days just a little more tired than others.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Sun Feb 12, 04:01:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

It always amazes me when I read stories like this. The Lord truly is in control of all things and we easily forget this don't we!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home