Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Fear Is Absurd

In our joint devotions this morning, the reading from indeed (a daily from Walk Thru the Bible) told us that fear is absurd. Actually, on the surface of things, it seems that it's absurd not to be afraid if you really know the facts. But that leaves out God, Who says hundreds of times in the Bible "Don't be afraid, for I am with you." Here's what indeed says: "Instead of mentally partnering with your fear--assuming it's real, imagining how it will play out, etc.--partner with truth. Let your mind settle on what God says about your future, not what circumstances or insecurities say about it. . . . Refuse to live fearfully. The God of all power is always with you."
Thanks! I needed that!

I was able to work a full eight hours yesterday, with no unusual fatigue as a result. I hope the work I did was also effective.

We all face things today that could make us afraid; let's not "partner with our fear."

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home