Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Wobbly and Weak-kneed

Yesterday I rested all morning and half the afternoon on the chaise outside. The birds were singing, white clouds played in the blue sky, and the flowers were lovely--whenever I opened my eyes, which was not often. Then about mid-afternoon, a switch turned. I felt awake and alive and asked Nancy to go with me to walk around the pond. I managed the walk well, and have felt renewed ever since.

Phil and Nancy left on the 6 am flight today. They left so many blessings in our hearts and home.

I received "The Ragamuffin Gospel--Visual Edition" from a friend in yesterday's mail. With a bald head, a body that behaves in ways that are very different from what I was used to all my life, and an uncertain future, it seems easy at times to feel somewhat broken. So I liked this:

The Lord said, "My grace is enough for you; my power is at its best in weakness." So I shall be very happy to make my weaknesses my special boast so that the power of Christ may stay over me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus. He comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Today Sue and family are driving here from south Florida. After a short nap, the rest of the family will continue on to Michigan. Sue will stay for a few days of loving her parents in person. We're praying for their safe travel, and we're so looking forward to seeing them.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home