Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Is God Worried?

Phil and Nancy brought a DVD set with a series of 4 messages by Dr. Richard Swenson, medical doctor and Christian author. The first 3 sessions show the amazing wisdom and power of God's sovereignty in (1) the intricacies of the human body, (2) the "music" of the galaxies and (3) the marvels of new physics (space, time and light). Then session 4 begins with two questions:
1. Is God as worried as I am?
If the answer is No, and of course it is, then the next question is
2. Why am I worried?

And he develops the biblical truth that God is intimately concerned for every detail of His creation, down to the subatomic level, including all that concerns each one of us His children. A fresh grasp of how big and wise He is dissolves anxiety. I'd gladly sit and watch those messages again with you if you'd like to come and see them.

It's day 3 since chemo, and I'm feeling tired. It will probably be a resting day. A really cool thing happened. When I saw the doctor on Monday, my ankles were showing a lot of fluid retention, but he asked me to hold off on medicating for that. It didn't occur to me to pray about it; I just felt I'd have to put up with it. God does good things even when I forget to ask, and this morning my ankles are about back to normal. What a relief!

Thanks for your love and prayers.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Mar 15, 09:11:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

God is so good to us isn't he! I had terrible fluid retention in my legs and feet and ankles when I was pregnant last year so one day in the hospital after having my daughter I laid with my feet in the air. A tea lady came in and saw me, bent over and whispered into my ear 'dear, I'm not sure if you've noticed but you're upside down!'. It put a smile on my dial and the legs in the air worked too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home