Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Life is Short; People are Precious

Sue's family left her here with us for a few days; I'm so looking forward to this time with her!

We enjoyed a wonderful (riotous) 90 minutes with the family last evening before they took off for their all-night drive back to Michigan. It got me thinking...

In the 3 1/2 months since my diagnosis, I believe I've been blessed with a lifetime's worth of real "presence" of loved ones. Many have made significant sacrifices in their personal calendars in order to be here. And although we seldom focus on the cancer, its reality adds a sweetness and depth to our conversations, our hugs and our laughter. So I wonder, why don't we look on every person we encounter as someone with only a limited time to live? It's true, you know. No matter what God chooses to do with my life in the next months and years, it's entirely possible that I'll outlive some who are reading this blog, or some who come to visit--even those who are young and appear in perfect health. We simply don't know. The Bible says our lives on earth are like a puff of steam. Two conclusions: We need to really "be there" for one another while we're alive, and we need to be ready to join Jesus for eternity when this "puff of steam" vanishes.

I hope your Sunday is blessed.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home