Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Finding a Vein

Our cell phone rang as we walked in the oncologist's door. It was daughter Karin, asking, "Did they find a vein? I've been praying." A half hour later we called her back to say "Yes!" God used the highly skilled nurse to find a buried vein (she couldn't see it, but found it with her fingers) and get the pick in with a minimum of probing and no pain. And the 3 1/3 hour infusions went smoothly. Thanks for all the prayers.

Brother Phil and his wife Nancy arrived by plane mid-afternoon. Nancy came equipped with a pocketful of her wonderful recipes and a passion for house cleaning. Phil also likes to cook and clean, and he's also a doctor. What a timely gift their coming is now! I know Phil will be helpful as we seek to make life-and-death decisions about what to do after the 6 scheduled chemo treatments are finished.

This morning I finished my 2005 One-Year Bible reading. (I lost a few months.) The last words in Revelation are full of hope. Jesus says, "Yes, I am coming soon!" We all echo: "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!" The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all.

Love and thanks,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home