Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 21, 2006

A Mystifying Question

Our Sunday School teacher (Tom Bowers) sends a letter almost every week. He's been teaching us to "pester God" in persevering prayer, and to pray long-haul prayers about eternal matters. Isaiah 59:16 says, "God saw that there was no one, and marveled that there was no one to intercede." Tom writes, "I can't change the world, I can't fix much of what is bad, I can't even seem to fix myself. God can, and is interested in doing so, but He waits for my participation as an intercessor. Isn't that odd? Why would He wait for an intercessor? It's a mystifying question.... I find it simply astonishing that in situations big and little, global or local, church or secular, personal or foreign, God is right now waiting for a man or woman to give Him a reason to change His mind or a reason to launch into action." I'd certainly like to be part of a movement of "people-changing, earth-shaking, event-altering, God-motivating intercessory prayer"!

I meant well yesterday, but by about 3:00 I was wilting and returned home to rest. I still hope to complete the organization for the next magazine by the end of today. One of the most important but hardest tasks is finding dynamic photos to illustrate the stories. Once I'm organized and can provide a summary of each, the photo editor can begin the search next week, while I'm recovering from Monday's chemo.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home