Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Trying a Trip

I'm grateful to all of you who also pray for my husband. It's well said that when one person gets cancer, the whole family gets it, and at times it's obviously wearing on Chuck. I'm happy to report that we both slept well and long last night.

For the first time since my diagnosis on December 7, we're going to try to travel in order to celebrate Christ's resurrection with our family. We plan to leave Thursday morning and return Wednesday, April 19. It's a 12-hour drive (flying wouldn't be much better because of clumsy connections), and I really hope we're up for it. We won't often have internet access, so I'm afraid there will be some gaps in this daily blog. I'll be back as soon as I can.

I've frequently referred to the beautiful biblical blessing that begins "The Lord bless you and keep you." One line says, "The Lord turn His face toward you." I'm thinking about the soccer, tennis, volleyball, football and other matches I've watched our grandchildren play. I confess that no matter what's happening on the field, I have eyes only for my kids. Maybe that's a picture of the Lord's having His face turned toward us, with the big difference that He's able to turn His face toward every one of His kids at once with no less focused attention. That blessing is my prayer for all of us today:
The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord turn His face toward you
And give you peace. Amen.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home