Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Perspective

Chuck and I went to Providence Cafe for lunch following yesterday's kemo. I savored my fruit plate at our al fresco table. Then, at the edge of my vision, I noticed motion in the parking lot; and I watched as a man in a wheelchair slowly exited his van and finally powered his way up the walk to the restaurant door. I couldn't tell what had caused his paralysis, but it was pretty obvious that he wouldn't be leaving that chair in this life. And I thought, "How blessed I am to be able to walk." My mind kept counting miracles: I can read the menu (my eyes aren't watering these days); I can taste and enjoy my food (many on chemo lose that pleasure); dear friends and family surround me with love (so many carry crushing burdens alone). Today I want us to pray for people we know who live with permanent disabilities and for people who are humanly alone.

Kemo went well. About 2:00 pm heavy fatigue set in and since then I've been pretty much prone. I did get up to help a little bit with dinner and to eat it. I'll be resting today, but I won't be complaining.

I appreciate your love and prayers.
Carol

3 Comments:

At Tue Jul 25, 08:22:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

This brought tears to my eyes. In spite of good doses of self-pity once in awhile, I am so blessed. Most of my self-pity is pretty unwarranted!

 
At Tue Jul 25, 09:00:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
If life is about choices...you are making some good ones. You choose clean eating stuff like fruit salad. You choose to notice & pray for handicapped others even tho you are in the midst of your own personal storm which is huge like the one that passed thru Charlotte last Saturday night and shut down our electricity until mid afternoon Sunday.
I like the way you make good choices about what you CAN control and you don't go into a funk about what you CAN'T control like I tend to do.
You are my inspiration.
We have a best friend Bob going thru tough times. Job ended when co. closed. Leukemia and several strokes plus other med stuff. Can't use right side of bod after last stroke. Life stuff has knocked him down.
Hugs,
-xena

 
At Tue Jul 25, 09:51:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Corazon Latino said...

You inspire me to look beyond my own difficulties and remember others. I'm praying that you will rest well today and know the presence of God healing your body.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home