Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Patience

Do you remember several months ago when I referred to the story of a woman who got cancer and her niece made a distinction between the "Big C" (Christ) and the "little c" (cancer)? I'm discovering that keeping the "little c" in its place is one of my great challenges these days. I don't want cancer to define who I am or what goes on in my spirit--but some days it does! I woke up this morning wishing it would all go away, and a short sentence popped into my head: "You need patience." Right! I need patience.

I see a monumental promise in 1 Peter 5:10,11. "In His kindness God called you to His eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation. All power is His forever and ever. Amen." Truthfully, it's that phrase "a little while" that raises the need for patience, because sometimes little whiles seem awfully long when you're living in the midst of them! And I feel more and more the need to be authentic, to "lean into" reality, to embrace life fully in all its aspects. I'm thankful to be on my feet, free of many of the chemo side effects that could have happened, and able to cope with those that have. I'm embarrassed to admit, though, how much I wish I could know the eventual outcome. Huh? Who on earth doesn't have to live with uncertainty of one sort or another? So join the club, girl! "We walk by faith, not by sight."

Yesterday afternoon I posted an entry copied from a site a friend told me about on Sunday. It so graphically describes my experiences and feelings as a cancer patient. This journalist blogger writes in far more depth than I take time to do. So if you'd like to know more about this strange journey, scroll on down.

Thanks for your continuing interest and prayers.
Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Jul 18, 10:02:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Carol, last night Aussie time I was up at 3am as my little one was awake and I had a quick look at your blog. I read about your latest struggles and opened my Bible briefly. John 11:4 is what I read. I went to sleep again praying that this verse would apply to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home