Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Rare and Wonderful Gift

Yesterday marked 7 months since my cancer surgery. Just before we fell asleep last night, Chuck and I were expressing our gratitude for how good I feel at this point, contrary to all medical expectations. We asked, "Has any other ordinary person ever had such a wide network of such faithful prayer support over such a long period of time?" We can understand why people like our dear Pastor Page or David Jeremiah would receive such a gift. But us? Your prayers are a rare and wonderful gift!

I spent my childhood in a Swedish community in northern Michigan. Our church reflected our Swedish heritage, and our hymns carried the lilting tunes and rhythms of traditional Swedish folk songs. Yesterday I was being thankful for a heap of blessings, and my mind returned to a hymn from childhood memory. The tune title is “Tack, O Gud.”

Thanks for prayers that Thou hast answered,
Thanks for what Thou dost deny.
Thanks for storms that I have weathered,
Thanks for all Thou dost supply.
Thanks for pain and thanks for pleasure,
Thanks for comfort in despair.
Thanks for grace that none can measure,
Thanks for love beyond compare.

I'm working fulltime this week and it feels good. Joy oh joy, daughter Lisa is coming from Washington DC for the weekend.

Thankful for you,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Jul 20, 06:41:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

You are so amazing and so is our God! Our church in CT is a Swedish Covenant Church. I think the denomination now is Covenant Chruch of America. Still a lot of "sons' and "sens" in that local church, but not predominantly anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home