Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Value

I'm so happy to be at home on Sunday and I'm looking forward to participating in our Sunday School class again.

Yesterday I was reading 1 Corinthians 12 and I saw with fresh eyes the extreme value of every person. "There are different ways God works in our lives, but it is the same God who does the work through all of us." (verse 6) "It is the one and only Holy Spirit who distributes these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have." (verse 11) "God made our bodies with many parts, and he has put each part just where He wants it." (verse 18) "Now all of you together are Christ's body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it." (verse 27) As my grandsons like to say, "It's not about me; it's not about you; it's all about Him."

Two very precious neighbors moved away in recent years. One of them (wife and children--the husband is on assignment in Nigeria) came back to spend a few weeks in their vacant house here--what a thrill to have them near again! And another is driving through town today with her 2 daughters and will stop to have lunch with us. The kids all feel like my grandchildren.

Jeremy is spending his leisure time working on French, piano and guitar. We're praying that God will prepare him in every way for his six months in Niger. His blog address is http://jeremyinafrica.blogspot.com.

I still have a funny head (pounding and "heavy"), but oh! I feel so much better than I did a few days ago. I continue to pray that I will fully live each day that I'm given.

Have a blessed day!
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home