Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 25, 2006

Alive Again

No, I'm sure I wasn't anywhere near death. But coming back up out of that dark kemo-induced pit feels almost like resurrection. Which reminds me of a wonderful verse I read in the Bible a couple of days ago: "So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

This morning I woke up early and was thinking about our former pastor, Charles Page. He fought his cancer bravely for 9 1/2 years! And here I am getting tired of the battle after only 9 months. His godly example spurs me on to greater endurance.

I worked four hours at the office yesterday, and got to interview some visiting leaders for a future issue of our magazine on the topic of partnership. That was fun and productive. Today I expect to find the new layout from the designer waiting on my computer for review. Tomorrow we're driving to Indiana for a week of vacation. And in a couple of hours I'm going in for a CA 125 blood test. We'd be so thankful for a lower number. (But it's still only a number. God is in control, and He is fully reliable.)

We continue to pray for those of you whose needs we know about.

Love,
Carol . . . for Chuck too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home