Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, August 21, 2006

Category Five

In the sermon we heard yesterday, the pastor likened dark times in our lives to Category 5 Hurricanes. He said he's observed four types of responses to impending hurricanes:
1. Avoiders (load everything up and head out of town)
2. Oblivious (sit on a couch reading Louis L'Amour novel and drinking tea)
3. Obsessed (keep running to WalMart for more supplies to ride out the storm)
4. Defiant (kid on a skateboard catching the wind in a plastic garbage bag)

I thought that relative to cancer, maybe I'm a 4. So far. It is not my master. I want to extract every last drop of grace that blows in on the winds of the storm. But, the pastor said, none of the four coping mechanisms is enough. What we need is a real solution--Someone strong and caring enough to provide safe refuge no matter how bad it gets.

Yes! That's why I want to keep on FROGgin'. By now you know FROG means Fully Rely On God!

Sweet kemo is at 10 this morning. Friday I'll have a blood test. Next week as soon as we get the results I'll let you know.
Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Mon Aug 21, 08:32:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, I love your picture! You're so great. Praying for Kemo #10 today.
Love,
Lisa Felch =)

 
At Mon Aug 21, 01:54:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying that the kemo is only sweet to you, Carol, and not the cancer. Praying hard, Cammie

 
At Mon Aug 21, 08:21:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Corazon Latino said...

Love the pici!!!! You look great!!!! Can't wait to meet you in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home