Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wrapped in Arms of Love

Early yesterday morning (2:00 am) my niece was driving home from her much-delayed flight--returning to Orlando from our weekend reunion. Her car flipped and made a complete rollover, starting with the driver's side. Her window and windshield broke, of course, yet her only apparent injury was a small cut on her foot. I can't help visualizing God's loving arms reaching out to cushion her during that trauma, and I thank Him. Sometimes I forget that He's doing that all the time, for all of this children, wherever we are. Isn't He amazing? Now, of course, there are times when the traumas beat us up a lot worse than that--but the solid truth is that we're still cushioned firmly in His arms of love. By the time anything gets to us, it has already passed through His fingers and He has already begun the process of turning it to our good and His glory.

I felt so well yesterday, and was pushing a deadline, so I worked 9 1/2 hours at the office. Then I prepared dinner, did laundry, baked a cake for Jeremy who is returning today, and gave a final proofread to the magazine copy which goes to the designer today. I know all working women live like that, but maybe I need to be wiser. When I awoke at 6:00 this morning, I felt so tired! Would you believe the first thought that came to my mind? "Uh, oh, maybe the cancer is back." Ten more minutes of lying there and meditating brought me back to reality. I'm tired simply because I worked too many hours yesterday. Really, now I'm fine. (Saying the cancer is back is a figure of speech. As far as the doctor indicates, it hasn't gone away yet.)

My artistic friend in Michigan sent a sensational card this time. She tatted little circles in pastel colors and glued them over the notes on the score of "Great Is Thy Faithfulness." It is so beautiful. And a steady reminder of the ground under our feet: God's faithfulness.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 16, 09:42:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi, tagging you for a meme on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home