Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Faithful

I told you about the beautiful hand-crafted cards my friend sends. Here's the one based on the hymn, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness," for which she tatted tiny circles for the notes. She said she's been wanting to do this ever since January, when I told about Lisa's singing all the stanzas of that hymn late at night in the hospital. Oh, I was so sick! The song encouraged me then, and it still does.

So I've been thinking about faithfulness and faith. This morning I read in Galatians 5:6, "What is important is faith expressing itself in love." Beautiful and simple, isn't it?

Jokes are still coming in. Several of them are in honor of the blonde wigs I'm wearing these days. A beautiful redhead told the doctor something was terribly wrong. Every part of her body hurt. "That's unlikely," he said. "Show me." So she pressed on her chest and screamed. She pressed on her cheek and screamed. She pressed on her knee and screamed. The doctor said, "You're not really a redhead, are you?" "No, I'm really blonde. Why?" "Well, your finger is broken."

You know, some of the smartest people I know are blondes. I was one myself as a toddler. But anyway I appreciate the chuckle.

I think I'll get to the office for awhile today. The kemo has been tough this time. We keep praying that it's as mean to the cancer as it is to me. We hope tomorrow's blood test will show that the tumor marker is down. We won't get the answer until next week, and will certainly pass it along as soon as possible.

Have a blessed day.
Carol

4 Comments:

At Thu Aug 24, 09:32:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks for your comments Carol! Your photos are in the mail by the way, hope they get there next week.

 
At Thu Aug 24, 02:51:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Suzanne, our beautiful blonde, has her own favorite blonde joke: What's brown, red, and lying in a ditch? Answer: The last brunette who told me a blonde joke.

I love your red hat! You have great flair.

 
At Fri Aug 25, 12:53:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Carol, I hope you didn't think Suzanne and I don't like blonde jokes. We do! She just uses that as a come-back. I think she has a pretty good collection of blonde jokes herself! :) She wears a t-shirt that says "Blonde and smart". Keep posting the blonde jokes! They don't upset us!

 
At Sat Aug 26, 02:23:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

I forgot to say that I loved the card with the notes on it. My grandma could tat and I've always felt bad I never had her teach me how to do it. That is one of my favorite songs, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home