Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

All Beat Up

I've never experienced a physical beating, but I can imagine that its aftermath would feel something like the days following kemo. If this week follows my previous pattern, I should be feeling more alive by tomorrow.

Jeremy is flying to Michigan this morning and will spend a week re-connecting with his family and friends. He's still very excited about Africa, and has been working faithfully at his internship at SIM, but he's also excited about going home. Sue (his mom) was so dear to arrange this surprise. We'll miss him. He's been working hard at the piano, trying to master a beautiful song. It rings in my soul day and night, so I'll share it here:

Wonderful, merciful Savior, Precious Redeemer and Friend;
Who would have thought that a Lamb could rescue the souls of men?
O, You rescue the souls of men.

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper, Spirit we long to embrace;
You offer hope when our hearts have hopelessly lost our way,
O, We’ve hopelessly lost our way.

Almighty, infinite Father, Faithfully loving Your own.
Here in our weakness you find us falling before Your throne,
O, we’re falling before Your throne.

You are the One that we praise. You are the One we adore.
You give the healing and grace our hearts always hunger for,
O, our hearts always hunger for.

By Dawn Rodgers and Eric Wyse

I won't have a CA 125 blood test next week after all. The doctor prefers to wait until after one more kemo treatment, which is scheduled for August 21. Then we'll get the test on August 25, which should provide some guidance prior to the next treatment scheduled for September 5 (our 47th wedding anniversary). Have I mentioned how hard it is to wait?

I appreciate you so much!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home