Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Strong Desire

I'm learning an important lesson from my grandson. Privilege is nice, but motivation outranks it by a mile. He never had an opportunity to take piano lessons, but now he has a powerful desire to play the piano. Last year he borrowed a small keyboard and a friend's old piano lesson book and literally taught himself the basics. Now that he's here with a piano and an erstwhile piano teacher in residence, he's burning up the keys. He bought a collection of wonderful contemporary Christian songs and while they're way beyond beginner level, he simply won't give up until he masters them. The other evening after practicing a song on the piano, he got out the guitar and learned to play the song on it. Then I played the piano, he the guitar, and we both sang "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" (David Crowder style) at the top of our voices. I've been thinking. What do I want so badly that I'm willing to work that hard at it?

This morning we have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon, which we expect to be merely routine.

We continue to pray for those of you who have told us about particular needs. We so appreciate your prayers too.

Love,
Carol...for Chuck too

1 Comments:

At Tue Aug 01, 06:23:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Wow! I'm glad to hear about his motivation and self-discipline. That will do him well in NIger. It sounds like you had so much fun singing. Love David Crowder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home