Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Movie Nights

On Friday Jeremy and I went to the video store and rented three videos. That evening the daughter of a work colleague came and watched "Sahara" with us. It's an adventure, but we all laughed a lot.

Last evening we watched "The Second Chance," with Michael W. Smith and Jeff Obafemi Carr. We didn't laugh much. It's a sobering drama about the realities of the inner city, a pastor and his family doing what they can with "tough love," and a thriving suburban church that sends a monthly check. One question rang in my mind through the night, and echoes still: "What can I do?"

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said, "Give what you have, for you never know--to someone else it may be better than you can even dare to think." Perhaps a better question for me to ask is, "What do I have?" Please pray that if this burden is really from God, I won't get distracted before I get an answer.

Chuck's respiratory congestion is definitely clearing up, and I'm feeling well. Tomorrow we go for kemo #11.

Blessings,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Sun Aug 06, 08:32:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying all goes well on Mon.
So thankful Chuck is on the mend.
Glad to have a new movie list
Have a wonderful Sun.

Blessings Judy

 
At Sun Aug 06, 05:54:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Corazon Latino said...

I LOVE the movies. I usually got to one at least once a week which is a nice treat for me, and a chance to get out of the house. I can't belive you are onto treatment number 11!!!! You're doing great! God is good. I will continue to pray for you and Chuck this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home