Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Do the next thing

Several weeks ago I read on hannatu.blogspot.com (the site of the Niger missionary with whom Jeremy will serve for six months) that she'd been reading "The Red Sea Rules," and she liked it. So I ordered a used copy and now I like it too. It's Robert J. Morgan's reflections on principles for guidance based on the experience of Moses and the Israelites when they were trapped among the Red Sea, the mountains, and the murderous Pharaoh's army. On page 63 he quotes Thomas Carlyle, "Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand." Sometimes you've heard me fuss about the uncertainty of cancer, about not knowing "what lies dimly at a distance," about not knowing how to plan. Great advice. There's plenty--both of joy and of duty--that "lies clearly at hand."

Yesterday I had another follow-up appointment with my surgeon. He found no evidence of any recurring tumors. Thank the Lord! The doctor said that based on what he saw at surgery, if I hadn't received any subsequent treatment, he would have predicted survival only until about now! He rejoiced with us that I'm feeling so well. We continue to pray that the cancer cells are being eradicated.

Chuck has gotten a horrible head/chest congestion. He's very vulnerable to respiratory complications, so may I ask your prayers for him?

My brother-in-law's nephew, after a 4-year battle with cancer, died yesterday. Now we pray for comfort and grace for his young children and for all the family.

These days I'm reading 2 Corinthians, and I'm living by the words at the close of chapter 4 and the beginning of chapter 5: "So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever. For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down--when we die and leave these bodies--we will have a home in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself...."

We are so blessed that you continue to care about us and pray for us!

Love,
Carol, for Chuck too

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 02, 07:55:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have prayed for Chuck this
morning -as always, for you too.
We're so thankful for Dr. Boyd's
widsom and for the way you have
responded to the chemo - so many
answered prayers!
I go back to Duke the l6th. I think
that healing is happening - very
slowly. I so very much appreciate
your prayers. You are such an
encouragement. Judy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home