Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Last evening at dinner time Jeremy said, “Hey, Grandma, would you like to go to the 24-7 Urban Prayer Room tonight?” Sure, I would, so we went to a warehouse in north Charlotte and got blown away. To quote their publicity, it’s a “sacred space of raw warehouse transformed into an incubator for intimacy with God and involvement in our world. Comfortable chairs, study tools, thought-provoking art. Space to step out of the fray, pray, read, reflect, refuel.” We stayed about two hours, and for most of the time we were the only ones there. You’d have to experience it! (You can learn more at www. charlotte24-7.com.)

Here’s a quote I copied:
“This is the paradigm shift:
That I must not simply do what I can,
I must do what it takes.
And risk drowning
To swim in the sea of His will.
Risk failing!
Apparently there's a growing movement of 24-7 houses of prayer around the world.

Correction: I didn’t learn about “The Red Sea Rules” from hannatu.blogspot.com, as I said yesterday. But I have no idea where I did read about it. Does anyone out there know? In any case, it’s a good and helpful book.

Our friend with the vision-threatening eye disease says she believes healing is coming slowly. This stirs us up to continue praying. A missionary friend is driving today on treacherously slippery mountain roads in southern Mexico, made far more treacherous by civil instability. So we pray for him too. And I can never begin or end a day without praying for wisdom for our government leaders and for God’s mercy in our troubled world.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Aug 03, 08:42:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up early praying this morning - the
best time. Do pray that Chuck's
congestion is better today.
Got an email from Shirley yesterday and she had chemo from
l0:00 until 5:00 and her Doctor
wants her to have a PET scan on
Aug. 22 so he can decide what she
needs. Please pray for her.
A sweet young girl had surgery
yeaterday for breast cancer-
invasive. Pray for Lisa.
Wonderful letter from Dr. Stanley
and In Touch is in l00 languages.
I think there are 200,000 folks
on the prayer team. What a wonder-
ful God we serve! Pray you have a
great day - also Jeremy.
Blessings - Judy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home