Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Gift of Life

Yesterday we took Jeremy to "A Taste of Ghana" at the African American Cultural Center in uptown Charlotte. Ate some lovely Ghanian food. I love this about the African American people--if they love Jesus, they forgt political correctness and say it right out loud in public. That's what one of the featured musicians did.

Today is Sunday. I hope each one of us will make time for authentic worship today.

"The Gift of Life" by Ken Gire
"It is a great loss that we awake to so many gifts on a given day, not only without opening them, but without even knowing they are there for us to open. When each of us awakes, it should be with a splash-of-cold-water-in-the-face awareness: It has been given me another day to live. To me. To some others, that gift has been withheld. The sun rises, but their eyes will forever be closed to its light, its beauty, its blessings. But to me another day, for whatever reason, has been given.

"Another day to give gifts and to receive them. To love and to be loved. To embrace God through the moments of my day and through those moments to be embraced by Him.

"Each new morning that God’s mercies dawn on us with the gift of another day, we should greet that day with an attitude of expectant reverence, as one kneeling to receive the sacrament of holy communion."

Here's my prayer request for today: that I will focus first and most on God, then on others, and very little on myself. Thanks.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home