Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, August 14, 2006

Heritage

Mmmm! What delicious family fellowship we had. Saturday evening, helped by Natalie and Frances with their instruments, we sang and sang and sang. With our spouses as tolerant audience, we even sang "Trygare kan ingen vara" in Swedish. (Roughly translated, its message is that no person or creature on earth is as secure as the much-loved child of the heavenly Father. Isn't that a truth to rest in? For many of us Swedes, that song was our lullaby as small children.)

On Sunday morning we spent some time talking about our shared heritage. Several generations of true followers of Jesus have prepared the ground on which we now walk. Someone mentioned the memory of walking into the bedroom of Grandpa and Grandma Anderson and finding them on their knees, praying for each of their children and grandchildren by name. You know, whatever our weaknesses and failures, prayer is a heritage each of us can leave for future generations. Before we went to lunch, the whole group joined in prayer for me! Many of them are also dealing with serious issues in their lives as well, but as far as we know, I'm the only one with cancer. I'm so grateful for their prayers and I pray for them too.

It wasn't all serious. The golfers golfed, tourist types touristed, fun types enjoyed the Fun Planet, and card games went on for hours. We laughed a lot. Oh yes, we ate too--very well.

I wish I had more news for you about my health. No, maybe I don't. The news is that there's little to report, now that chemo week is past. For that, I thank the Lord. It will be a couple of weeks before we have a report on another CA 125 test. Even though we're very curious about that marker, we realize that it really is only a number. God alone knows what's happening at the cellular level. For us, the calling is to live by faith. And to live fully this day.

Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Mon Aug 14, 11:55:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi there Carol. I've put together a little collection of photos ready to post you but I'll need an address. Do I send it to the International office? Our last name is Hunt too! Hope you're feeling well today.
Amanda.

 
At Tue Aug 15, 05:27:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Thanks, Amanda, I'm eager to see them. Yes, International Office, 1838 Gold Hill Road, Fort Mill, SC 29708, attention Carol Wilson. Glenyss just sent me your name. Nice to meet you!
Love,
Carol

 
At Tue Aug 15, 06:39:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Thanks for the address Carol, I've got the parcel ready to pop in the post asap. Glenyss is a lovley lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home