Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Today

I'm reading ahead to tomorrow's devotional in Sanctuary by David Jeremiah, and it's about "Today." He writes, "No one ever sank under the burdens of today, but add yesterday and tomorrow to today, and it can capsize your life." Many times God said, "I AM." Not "I was" or "I will be. I AM." Dr. Jeremiah continues: "The Christian who lives with Him today, in the present tense, is the one who will be free from worries about yesterday, today, or tomorrow." That thought strengthens my daily prayer to fully live each day that God gives me. To press out to the edges of all the grace and life and salvation that He provides.

Yes, the swans are still here. We can no longer tell any difference between the parents and the children.

I'm writing this Saturday evening. We plan to be up early for the first service at church, so I probably won't get a chance to be online tomorrow morning. And we're heading home early Monday morning. It's been great to be here.

I just got back from singing and praying with Gavin and Calli to "tuck them in" to bed. I realized with gratitude that I walked up the stairs with no shortness of breath. A year ago, before my cancer was diagnosed, I remember gasping my way up those same steps. (The cancerous fluid had formed effusions in my lung cavities which caused my constant coughing and shortness of breath.) I am so thankful to be able to breathe.

I hope you will have a wonderful experience of worship on Sunday.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Sun Oct 15, 08:57:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful day of
worship too. I'm so thank-
ful you have the lake house -
I can tell that you are more
relaxed and happy there.
So good to hear about the
swans.
Blessings,
Judy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home