Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, September 29, 2006

That chewing sound you hear

That chewing sound you hear is me eating my words. A few months ago I wrote that in all my years of editing the magazine, I've never had a designer meet a deadline. Our wonderful designer at Relevant Media Group has beat the last two deadlines by several days each time. And at the same time he's given us a stunning design. The layout for the issue about ministries of compassion has now been sent to the various SIM entities around the world who will publish and distribute it in their own countries--and I can start on the next one, which is about partnering. As soon as I finish eating my negative words.

And now I need to force my mind to spit out some words. As I was waking up this morning, I actually heard my mind saying, "I don't think I'm going to make it." Well, I don't know, actually. But we're not going to waste precious time wallowing in dank thoughts like that. I'm going to live today, by God's grace, pushing all the way out to the edges of His redemption. (I can understand the pessimism; the cough and cold stole the energy and wellbeing I normally expect during the non-chemo week. And disappointing news from the lab has its effect as well. But God's voice is more clear and compelling: "Fear not.")

Please pray for my dear sister-in-law. She can't tolerate most pain meds, which results in nearly intolerable pain from her hip replacement on Wednesday. I'm asking God to make the natural healing kick in ahead of schedule so she'll get some relief.

I hope your day will be great.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Oct 02, 10:41:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Carol! No one has ever called me wonderful. I'm glad to help your team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home